Provide independent high level technical and general accounting services in accordance with IQVIA Finance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley rules and financial reporting requirements (including local GAAP and tax rules) of the business unit.
• Support month end process and reconciliations within deadlines and instructions.
• Ensure that accounting records are thoroughly maintained in preparation for independent audits.
• Maintain adequate and current documentation of the systems of internal control.
• Ensure that all processes and decisions are in line with IQVIA SOPs and local legal requirements.
• Where applicable, ensure appropriate communication with all business partners and support business partners in financial decisions, if required.
• Provide recommendations to improve existing processes and financial systems and suggest alternatives where appropriate.
• Maintain a solid working knowledge of technical accounting skills.
• Participate in or manage Finance related projects as needed.
• Manage timely completion of detailed accounts reconciliation and follow-up/resolving open items for specified tasks.
• May develop, implement and/or maintain one or more accounting modules (A/R,A/P, Fixed Assets, General Ledger).
• May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide guidance to more junior colleagues.
• May assume overall responsibility for small size legal entity or regional tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• 3 years' experience in accounting required or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS,AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance modules.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Technical accounting skills.
• Good analytical and numeracy skills.
• Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA's ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status