SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm with infrequent travel to other site locations in Ft. Worth and Waxahachie.
The Financial Analyst II serves a key financial resource role supporting the operating goals of Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital (BHVH).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides financial support to administrators, department directors, and others as directed or required, to assist in the efficient and cost-effective operation of BHVH.
- Prepares the operating and capital budget(s) for assigned areas.
- Prepares the 5-year financial operating forecast to include statistics, payer mix, payments capital, etc.
- Prepares research and presents findings, for any potential capital acquisitions, projects, new services, etc.
- Provides ongoing budget vs. actual revenue and expense variance investigation through review of both standard reports and reports which have been developed specifically for the entity.
- Prepares verbal or written results of study of department operating efficiencies and presents/discusses them with management and others as required.
- Develops and produces Management Reports as required/requested.
- Prepares operating pro-formas for proposed new services/projects/capital as required. Understands financial operations and work with all levels of assigned areas, finance, clinical management/personnel to ensure the accuracy of the study.
- Provides financial research and recommendations for lease vs. buy choice relating to new equipment.
- Serves as liaison between BHVH and other supporting finance functions of Baylor Scott & White Health.
- Maintains professional growth through participation in educational programs and professional organizations and activities to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Conducts finance training for BHVH personnel as directed.
- Exposure to and opportunity to participate in all aspects of hospital financial operations.
- Reports directly to CFO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to explore and own numerous projects
- Critical thinking skills
- Follow-up and Follow-through
- Thrive in team environment
- Perform tasks accurately/completely
- Eager to learn and grow skill-set
- Minimal supervision/oversight required
- Independently makes decisions
- Demonstrates sound judgement
- Seeks out and acquires new knowledge and new skill sets
- Highly sought after for input during decision making
- Trusted collaborator with hospital leadership team and physicians
- Positive influence on workplace culture
- Ability to convey financial information in meaningful ways to operators and physicians
- Able to accept/manage sudden change/urgent requests
BENEFITS - Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree
- EXPERIENCE - 3 years of experience