The Financial Advisor II serves as the key financial resource. Provides financial research required to support the goals and goals of Baylor and Baylor Health Care System (BHCS).
The pay range for this position is $30.80 (entry-level qualifications) - $53.83 (highly experienced) The specific rate will depend upon the
successful candidate’s specific qualifications and prior experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Provides financial study support to administrators, department directors, and others as directed or required, to assist in the efficient and cost-effective operation of BHCS.
- Prepares the operating and capital budget(s) for assigned areas.
- Prepares the 5-year financial operating forecast to include statistics, payer mix, payments capital, etc.
- Prepares research and presents and protects findings, for any potential capital acquisitions, projects, new services, etc.
- Provides ongoing budget vs. actual revenue and expense variance investigation through review of both standard reports and reports which have been developed specifically for the entity.
- Prepares verbal or written results of study of department operating efficiencies and presents/discusses them with management and others as required.
- Develops and produces Management Reports as required/requested.
- Prepares operating pro-formas for proposed new services/projects/capital as required. Understands financial operations and work with all levels of assigned areas, finance, clinical management/personnel to ensure the accuracy of the study.
- Provides financial research and recommendations for lease vs. buy choice relating to new equipment.
- Serves as liaison between the assigned area and Outcome Support Services and other finance areas of BHCS.
- Maintains professional growth through participation in educational programs and professional organizations and activities to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Conducts finance training for BHCS personnel as directed.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 3 Years of Experience