Requisition #: 62503
Prepares and delivers meal trays, provides assistance and support for special functions and outside sales, and ensures cafe is open on time in support of Children’s mission, vision, and values. Ensures that standards of quality are maintained at all times in an effective, efficient manner and in compliance with all appropriate regulatory agency requirements. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- One year of experience in food service or hospitality
- Experience in a hospital setting
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation, and weight/ measure
- Strong organizational, customer service, and teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Prepares all desserts, salads, cold sandwiches, and snack items for all patients on regular or modified diets.
- Sets up patient/guest trays accurately and timely according to menu items chosen and delivers trays to bedside within 45 minutes of order.
- Cleans and restocks all room service areas on a daily basis.
- Sets up cafeteria before designated opening time and keeps serving and dining area organized and properly merchandised at all times.
- Greets customers courteously and serves customers quickly.
- Operates cash register during service times and counts cash drawer after each meal, preparing cash report and deposit.
- Prepares and assembles food trays for catered functions.
- Correctly sets up catered functions prior to serving, providing all equipment and supplies as indicated on catering prep sheet.
- Cleans and sanitizes food preparation areas, catering equipment, and storage areas, adhering to recommended standards for sanitation as outlined in the departmental policy and procedure manual.
- Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Relays relevant comments from customers to supervisors.
- Complies with all infection control, safety, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration procedures and regulations.
- Behaves in a courteous, efficient, and friendly manner in all customer and employee interactions.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceBending/Stooping - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Facilities - Food Services