Front Office Rep PRN - Peoria Spine
The CORE Institute team is dedicated to making the lives of others better by practicing exceptional patient care. If you would like to be part of a dedicated, dynamic healthcare team in a challenging, rewarding environment, The CORE Institute is the right place for you to grow your career.
The CORE Institute delivers integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care. The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering research, academics, community service, and a passion for excellence in patient care. The organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of systems-based quality programs which drive value and improve the quality of patient care.
As The CORE Institute continues to grow, we are looking for a PRN, Front Office Representative for our Peoria Spine Clinic.
Please see below for the functions and requirements to be a Front Office Representative with The CORE Institute.
*This is not a full-time position. It is on an as-needed basis for our Peoria Spine Clinic.
- Promptly greets and acknowledges patients. Informs MAs and Providers of patient s arrival through CPS, using Appointment Status
- Instructs patients in completion of medical history and patient information forms and makes any necessary corrections to the patients account. Obtains accurate, complete demographic and insurance information and financial contract / consent on patient paperwork, as well as reviewing patients and guarantors to obtain accurate information assuring all necessary documents are populated and signed correctly. Also, making sure all required Authorizations and or referrals are attached to the appointment for that DOS.
- Responsible for identifying and collecting co-payments, co-insurances and past due account balances.
- Explains financial requirements to the patient in response to patient questions on billing and insurance matters; refers questions regarding more complex insurance/benefits questions to Site Billing Specialist.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes payment plans based upon authority levels.
- Responsible for accurately completing and interpreting insurance verification and benefits. Notifies patients, family members, physicians and/or supervisors of network insurance coverage issues that may result in coverage reduction.
- Scans all new patient or updated patient information into computer (including: photo ID, insurance cards, referrals, and patient paperwork).
- Schedules follow up appointments, reviews patient's insurance coverage and notifies patient if service requires an authorization or referral and send request to PCP via CPS.
- Maintains general knowledge of insurance plans accepted by The CORE Institute.
- Communicates with the patients in the lobby if the physician or provider is running behind schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining a secure and accurate cash drawer. Responsible for daily balancing of cash drawer and closing Batch.
- Maintains strictest patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a clean and organized front office work space.
- Follows established Front Office SOP s.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position including a general understanding of insurance requirements.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge preferred.
- Successful candidate must have a minimum of one year of patient registration experience in a medical
- office or healthcare setting.
- Requires knowledge of insurance rules and regulations, medical terminology, and computer scheduling systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, and the public and be capable of
- establishing good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred. Previous experience in collecting money is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance rules and regulations including eligibility and referral requirements. Able to verify eligibility of each payer, per patient according to defined parameters.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Computer knowledge, including Windows based programs.
- Skill in customer service and an understanding of the HOPCo code of conduct and culture.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, clinical staff and the public.
- Skill in establishing good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with upset and frustrated patients while consistently providing excellent customer service. Demonstrate empathy, concern, good listening skills, and compassion for all patients.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel between various clinic locations.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- HOPCo Mission, Vision and Values must be read and signed.