Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 55401
Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to organize and provide quality patient care services under the supervision of a licensed professional. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or American Red Cross equivalent within 30 days of employment
- No minimum experience required
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant, or Medical Assistant, or Emergency Medical Technician, or nursing student with one complete clinical rotation, or 1 year of clinical hospital experience
- 2 of experience in pediatrics
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Competencies as defined by department must be completed within 6 months of employment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and documentation of ongoing development and training
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Assists in basic delivery of patient care as assigned by licensed professional personnel using age and developmentally appropriate standards, including taking vital signs, daily weights, assisting with feeds/baths/oral care, linen changes, and assisting with transports.
- Maintains department and patient care equipment as assigned.
- Communicates information relating to patient care job activities, needs, and responsibilities for assigned shift to appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes effective organization and communication skills in prioritizing and delivering patient care.
- Initiates and participates in continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Assists departmental leadership team in development of other staff members.
- Accepts responsibility for own growth, development, and professional conduct
- Demonstrates competencies that incorporate age-specific guidelines, including N = Neonate (less than 30 days), I = Infant (30 days to 1 year), EC = Early Childhood (1-5 years), LC = Late Childhood (5-13 years), A = Adolescent (13-17 years), AD = Adult, and ALL = all ages.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistanceBending/Stooping - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Clinical/Nursing Support - Clinical Support