Full-Time Physical Therapy Assistant - Oklahoma City, OK
Job Title: Physical Therapist Assistant
Reports To: Rehab Director
The responsibility of this position includes the day to day therapeutic intervention of appropriate individuals in the rehab environment under the supervision of a registered Physical Therapist, in accordance with the policies and procedures as established by the facility, Medicare, private insurance, and Quality Care Rehab, Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the registered Physical Therapist in carrying out procedures and programs.
- Performs routine treatment procedures in accordance with the planned program.
- Observes, records and reports to his/her supervisor conditions, reactions and responses related to his/her assigned duties.
- Reports any pertinent findings to the registered therapist.
- Helps maintain appropriate records.
- Participates in educational activities of the facility.
- Directs Physical Therapy Aides regarding physical therapy treatments as necessary and appropriate at the time of treatment under the supervision of a registered Physical Therapist.
- Maintains specific treatment area where he/she has given treatment.
- Communicates with patient’s physician as necessary regarding patient’s progress, treatments, etc., in consultation with the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an approved and accredited therapist program.
- Current certification with the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Licensed by the State in the designated geographic area in his/her respective therapy profession.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the following tasks without posing a threat to the health or safety of him/herself or others without risk to self, co-workers, caregivers, or patient; lift, turn, move position, and transport the patient into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a minimum of minimal assist transfer.” Minimal assist transfers are defined for purposes of this document as the ability to lift and control 50 pounds.