Opportunity for Impact
Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) is uniquely positioned to revolutionize the way healthcare is delivered. Since 2017, BSWH has invested in modern technology, processes, people and the cultural mindset to think radically and serve its consumers as a digital organization.
The healthcare industry faces many problems – affordability, substandard customer service and inconsistency in care quality, and is not designed around the consumer needs, leading to a subpar service experience. Despite encouraging improvements in treatment innovation, the delivery of care is inconsistent, resulting in variations in the quality of care that further compound these problems. BSWH is on its journey to reimagine a system that is built around the needs of the customers it serves with high-value solutions to alleviate these pain points.
As part of its transformation, BSWH is building a customer-centric strategy to solve these problems and are innovating new products and services as a part of a new Consumer Health Solutions business, an internal startup formed within the health system. The Consumer Health Solutions business is comprised of three groups – Strategy, Product and Customers. The Product team will develop new products and market them to consumers through multiple channels. The initial product families will focus on: maintaining health, immediate care, and specialty care.
The Immediate Care product family addresses the disjointed and frustrating experience customers face today in seeking access to care. Customers are required to organize disconnected point “solutions” to resolve their symptoms, leaving them dissatisfied. One of the products BSWH is developing in this family is a First Contact Navigation solution that earns the customer’s first contact at symptom onset, eases access, and sticks with them until resolution, organizing all points for them. BSWH will partner with an external vendor, combining their AI-powered platform and analytics tools with key BSWH asses to co-develop a market-leading solution.
We are looking for people to join this exciting new team who are passionate problem solvers that want to develop a new paradigm to transform how customers are served.
The Head of Product Management for the Immediate Care product family is part of the product group, reporting directly to the SVP of Consumer Health Solutions. The Head will be responsible for hiring and leading the product management team and will have high visibility to BSWH’s top executives. The Head will own the P&L for their product family and services in this new startup, manage and assess internal and external partners, own the ideation and commercialization, manage the product roadmap, bring key features to market, and be responsible for product development, operations, and GTM strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to build a business from scratch and lead a team that will change the status quo for how a health system goes to market.
- Develops strategy and designs for products that can win in the market
- Steer outcome driven, measurable product roadmap that aligns with BSWH strategy and organizational objectives
- Build comprehensive problem statement and use cases, including buyer and user personas
- Assess potential external partners in terms of their track record, current capabilities, and long-term outlook
- Drive addressable market assessment and sizing, as well as inventory the competitive landscape
- Ensure scalability of products across BSWH enterprise
- Drives the product development process
- Convert business requirements into technical development requirements
- Effectively communicate and work with internal stakeholders (e.g. engineering, operations, finance) to understand use cases, assess costs and feasibility, and align product development with BSWH objectives
- Manage relationships with external vendors/partners to define success and drive results
- Collaborate with customer relationship counterparts to bring in the voice of the customer and ongoing strategy into the product delivery
- Leverage market intelligence and current customer feedback to identify areas for enhancements until product reaches maturity
- Lead development through defined phases, obtaining buy-in from senior leadership along the way
- Own the operations and business plan in line with market conditions
- Continuously assess for process improvements and problems that need solving to optimize operations and financial performance, creating the blueprints that the operations team will follow
- Create the business case, leveraging a multi-year financial model that includes sales forecasts and margin forecasts
- Augment theory provided by strategy team with customer interactions to continually evolve the P&L
- Optimize production costs and allocate resources appropriately throughout product development cycles
- Leverage analytics in pricing strategy decision-making
- Drive product go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with customer relationship and marketing teams to finalize creative product branding and maintain innovative promotion strategies
- Assess and determine promotion channels and develop campaigns by channel to reach customers
- Direct monitoring and analytics of product performance and competitive environment to develop and refine go-to-market strategy
- Oversee development of customer implementation plan and training of implementation team to successfully launch and implement products
- Establish product development best practices to guide development
- Identify talent, grow, and develop a best-in-class product management team
- Drive the team to innovate through calculated risk-taking and entrepreneurial thinking
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related field
- Master of Business Administration or Product Development preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience in healthcare product management
- Ability to travel to Dallas as needed
- Experience bringing new solutions to the market within a product development framework
- Experience leading change and building new lines of business
- Experience in startup culture
- Experience assessing and managing vendors
- Keen understanding of incumbent stakeholders (e.g. employers and health plans) and their needs
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in STEM or related field
- 7 years required, 10-15 years preferred