Health and Social Services Clinical Coordinator - Telecommute in Honolulu, HI - 2000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
In this Health and Social Services Coordinator position you will play a critical role as part of an interdisciplinary care team. You will support Medicaid members by evaluating their needs, supporting them in self-management and ensuring they have the right services and resources to meet their needs. Your intervention and advocacy will improve the well-being of individuals, families and communities.
This is a telecommuter position. Up to 80% of activity may be field-based, engaging members face-to- face in a variety of community settings.
- Engage with members face to face and telephonically
- Independently or as part of a care team, conduct comprehensive member assessments including evaluations of bio-psychosocial, functional, and behavioral health needs and evaluating for social risk factors
- Educate members on preventive health care measures and health and wellness information related to disease processes
- Educate member on appropriate utilization of services based on need (i. e. PCP vs ER)
- Work with members to develop healthcare goals and identify potential barriers to achieving those goals
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by member and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Connect member with relevant providers, programs and services
- Utilize motivational interviewing techniques to help member identify and understand their intrinsic goals and motivate members to engage in positive behavior change
- Communicate with all stakeholders and relay necessary health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient's needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Use technology to obtain and document health-related information
- Research member-related health information using internal and external systems (may include medical records systems, claims systems, health information exchange, benefit and eligibility platforms)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years of experience working in a member-facing role in a medical, community health or social services setting
- 1+ years of experience in at least one of the following service areas: mental health, behavioral health, addiction/substance abuse, crisis intervention, health education, homeless or homeless outreach services, managed care
- Skill in developing trust and rapport with individuals who may be disengaged from the health care system
- Familiar with community resources and social service programs
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team and participating with multiple stakeholders to meet member needs and execute member health action plans
- Ability to locate and engage homeless members in a variety of community settings including homeless shelters, encampments, hygiene centers, transitional shelters, medical respite homes
- Experience and confidence using electronic medical record systems, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and Excel
- Current access or ability to obtain internet access via a landline
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes or in other community settings including hospitals, ERs, and physician offices
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- College degree
- Background in managing populations with complex medical, behavioral and social needs
- Background in mental health or experience working with serious mental illness
- Case Management experience
- Experience with or familiarity with discharge planning
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with coordinating community resources
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health and Social Services Clinical Coordinator, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Honolulu, HI, Hawaii