Health Information Credentialing Technician / HIM Tech
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will assist in the maintenance of timely and accurate paper and electronic records in order to ensure the requirements are met for licensure and certification.
- Handling record processing and physician record completion.
- Filing transcribed reports and other documentation.
- Assisting with record inventory and storage.
- Managing record maintenance, as well as maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating the release of medical information, following all department and regulatory guidelines.
- Verifying authorizations, recording incoming requests, processing requests, and communicating with requestor.
- Reviewing medical records for accuracy and completeness.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commissions standards.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a Health Information or Credentialing department of a healthcare facility.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!