Health Information Manager (HIM)
The Health Information Manager is responsible for the directing, coordinating and supervising health information management services, consistent with established policies, regulatory requirements and laws. As applicable, responsible for coordinating core aspects of credentialing, re-credentialing and privileging functions for medical and allied staff. Functions include ensuring compliance to regulatory, medical staff bylaws and hospital policies governing credentialing practices, and accurate credentialing files for medical and allied staff.
- Associate's degree in a healthcare-related field is required
- Current credentials as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or RHIT-eligible status, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or RHIA-eligible status, as required by state regulation
- One to three (1-3) years experience in a Health Information or Credentialing Department preferred.
- Broad-based knowledge of PC based software systems, and exposure to computerized clinical information management systems.
- Effective written and oral skills.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical's Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.