Under general supervision of the Hematology BMT Cancer Immunotherapy Director of Operations and guided by the policies and procedures of the Medical Center inclusive of both Ambulatory Services and inpatient Medical Surgical Acute Care, the Blood and Marrow Transplant Quality Nurse Manager will plan, organize, direct, implement, and evaluate the quality management plan of the Hematology / Blood and Marrow Transplant Program. The incumbent will work closely with providers, nursing managers (both inpatient and outpatient), collections (both apheresis and marrow), stem cell processing, and BMT support staff, to achieve the highest quality and best possible outcomes for the patient population in a cost effective manner and in compliance with all regulatory agencies. As needed, the incumbent will generate recommendations to address deficiencies in compliance with applicable regulations. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of data managers and quality analyst.
- Assuring compliance with regulatory and patient safety goals and standards.
- Oversight and implementation of all BMT related policies, procedures, and controlled documents to maintain excellence in care and maintenance of FACT accreditation.
- Oversight of compiling and reporting of BMT data.
- Assuring required licensure, registrations, and agreements are current.
- Leading performance improvement initiatives as they relate to BMT quality.
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Bachelor's Degree and five years in a healthcare related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of TJC and FACT requirements.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Blood and Marrow Transplantation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications including, but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Master's Degree
- EPIC experience
- Master Control experience
- FileMaker Pro