The Health Information Management (HIM) Analyst position is responsible for a wide variety of functions within the HIM department which include the following: completion of birth registry requirements (to include Acknowledgement of Paternity), scanning and quality control of medical record documents, release of information and record completion functions. The specific functions assigned depend on the complexity and staffing needs of the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Monitors and assigns medical record deficiencies to appropriate provider for completion, completes medical record suspension, and monitors chart completion for coding.
- Processes legal birth certificates according to State laws and hospital policy.
- Retrieves medical records from unit, prep, scan and index documents and perform quality control of documents with EHR
- Performs release of information to ensure compliance with policy and State Federal requirements.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve documentation issues on accounts.
- Perform Proxy processing to ensure compliance with BSW policy and State and Federal requirements.
- Assist physicians with completing legal death certificates according to State laws and hospital policy.
- Cross trained and provide backup coverage for all job functions of HIM Technician.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Proficient computer and work processing skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to analyze errors and problem solve.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of customers; to include physician, nurses, and patients.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience ** Experience Relevant to HIM preferred. **