For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Coordinate and/or provide routine to moderately complex technical training for histology team.
- Provide, coordinate, & schedule on-the-job histology training for all department employees.
- Ensure that all training provided meets quality & regulatory requirements.
- Maintain, develop, & update all documents and databases used for the support & conduct of training tasks including but not limited to training standards, training records, and training timelines.
- Collaborate with stake holders to develop & implement new training techniques.
- Assist with the development, training, revision & quality review of internal processes.
- Assist with SOP development, revision, implementation & training.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in animal or life sciences or related discipline.
- 2-3 years' experience in basic to intermediate histology; multi-species experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Proficient in core histology skills and proper documentation. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to study work required. Understanding of routine to complex study design and protocols. Must be able to perform effectively as a team member, accurately record data, follow verbal and written instructions, maintain a positive work atmosphere, communicate effectively, and interact in a professional manner with management, coworkers, and sponsors. Experience with computer software programs is required.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Toxicology, Biotech, Scientist, Pharmaceutical, Science, Research