Home Health Aide (HHA/CNA), Per Diem, Days, Home Health
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Castle Home Care has offered affordable, high-quality in-home nursing and rehabilitation services throughout O'ahu since 1988. Home health and personal care are cost-effective alternatives for those who have a confining illness or are recuperating from a hospital stay and need skilled, intermittent care. Our experienced home health professionals work collaboratively with our patients, their physicians and their caregivers to manage each aspect of their medical and personal care at home.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Home Health Aide (Home Health) who:
Administers personal care and assistance with housekeeping activities of daily living for patients in the home setting. Reports pertinent observations of patient's physical and psychosocial status to Registered Nurse (RN), Therapist or Clinical Supervisor.
- Follows treatment plan as outlined to provide patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Administers or assists patient with personal care including bath or shower, hair, skin, mouth and nail care according to Home Health Aide assignment
- Assists patient with ambulation, dressing or undressing, elimination using bathroom, commode, bedpan or urinal.
- Assists patient with prescribed exercise after instruction by the Registered Nurse/Physical Therapist.
- Provides transfer to activities.
- Assists with household services that are essential to patient's home health care.
- Maintains Agency equipment in working order by promptly requesting repair or replacement.
- Observes patient and notifies nurse in charge or nursing supervisor of significant changes in the patient's condition, physical or mental.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Completion of Nurse Aide Training program: Required
- Twelve (12) months recent clinical experience as a nurse aide: Required
- Certified Home Health Assistant (CHHA) or Hawaii CNA: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Valid Driver's License (DL): Required