Excellent full-time/direct hire opportunity to work as ?Registered Nurse-Home Health' with a prestigious organization in Fargo.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home health and hospice services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health
education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and
families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes an initial assessment of client and family to determine home health needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness. Regularly re-evaluates client nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as client status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions.
- Includes the client and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the client as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the client.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate client care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the client's needs and reports any changes in the client's condition; obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided
EDUCATION - Graduate of National accredited school of nursing
EXPERIENCE - Minimum of two years nursing experience
North Dakota Registered Nurse license or compact license.
Maintains a current CPR certification. Current valid driver's license.
Days. Monday - Friday plus on call rotation
Salary: $28.84/hr. - 40.38/hr.
Full-benefits: dental, health and vision
Sign On Bonus - $6,000 paid out over two years
Relocation -up to $5,000