Human Resources Director III
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare has been recognized for changing lives! These awards including Fortune 100’s Best Workplaces, Best Regional Hospital by US News, Top Work Places, Forbes – “The Best Employers for Diversity and Employers for Woman,” and two of our hospitals have been Magnet recognized!
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is an integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Memphis, TN with locations and partners across the Mid-South. Throughout our history, we have remained affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Our faith inspire us to serve our patients and improve the health of our entire community.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Director III at University.
Human Resources Director III
Guides and manages the overall HR vision and values in regard to policies and procedures, projects and programs for the assigned facility(s). Enhances the facility’s HR strategy in alignment with overall business strategy. The Director, Human Resources II is based on the overall characteristics of the assigned facility or facilities (Net Revenue, FTEs, complexity). Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Meets competencies defined in the MLH HR Competency Model.
- Demonstrates depth in knowledge and skills for wide application of technical principles, theory, and concepts in the field of HR.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of HR laws, rules, and regulations.
- A skilled influencer that builds engaging relationships with stakeholders through trust, teamwork, and direct communication.
- Ability to effectively confront challenging HR issues.
- Highly developed expertise in analysis to support complex problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to effectively communicate and interact with associates and all levels of management.
- Proficient with software programs including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Applies disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements HR strategy that integrates goals, priorities, and values while considering risks, economic, and environmental factors.
- Keeps abreast of business, industry, and market information. Aligns tactics with legal and regulatory considerations. Identifies and recommends contemporary approaches to business needs.
- Leads and directs staff in developing and implementing HR plans and standards of practice to ensure achievement of strategic goals and initiatives.
- Plays a key role in championing change within the organization; energizes stakeholders to sustain their commitment to change in approaches, processes, and strategies.
- Builds strategic alliances and partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business unit and system-level strategies.
- Creates a climate that values people from all backgrounds and provides an engaging environment. Establishes goals on improving diversity and eliminating disparities.
- Develops best practice through rigorous research and application of practice in the organization.
- Prepares reports, analyses and other written communication setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Develops and makes presentations to senior management.
- Provides consultative direction toward goals and objectives. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Regularly provides strategic advice and guidance to top management.
- Leads culture related activities, serves as a role model for the Power of One culture, and is accountable for creating a work environment that encourages Associates to go above and beyond.
- Leads HR initiatives and/or team projects, both facility and system-wide, and follows through to completion.
- Maintains and develops a competent, productive, and quality conscious workforce by hiring, evaluating performance, counseling, training, and recommending personnel actions according to the MLH value system. Serves as a mentor to promote professional practice among members of the HR team.
- Serves as a core member of the facility’s senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent of 12 years of progressive leadership experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources preferred
- Healthcare/Hospital experience preferred
- One of the following certifications preferred - SPHR, PHR, CHHR, CP, or SCP
We set the standard for compassionate patient and family-centered care in every interaction, whether it’s greeting a patient or performing a procedure.
Our culture is ingrained in our organization, where each associate can make a difference in the lives of others—and enjoy his or her job.
Methodist hires the best people, so we can treat our patients well!