Instrument Technician - Washington
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service. At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work. "
- The Sterile Processing Instrument Technician, under general supervision follows robust processes in Decontamination, Processing and Sterilization by cleaning instruments and equipment ensuring that all items are free of any bioburden, inspecting, function testing and assembling instruments and equipment for High Level Disinfection or Sterilization.
- The Sterile Processing Technician always follows the Manufacturer's Instructions for Use in Decontamination, Processing, High Level Disinfection & Sterilization as well as Department and Hospital Processes and Policies.
- The Sterile Processing Instrument Technician must be able accurately maintain the required documentation on written logs and/or computer systems.
- Documentation includes processes in Decontamination, Processing, High Level Disinfection or Sterilization as well as Sterile Processing Department Equipment.
- The Sterile Processing Instrument Technician must be able to prioritize instrumentation for processing, answer telephones and dispatch instrumentation, equipment and supplies.
- The Sterile Processing Instrument Technician performs their duties in a manner consistent with our Mission, Values, and Mercy Service Standards. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalentExperience: NoneCertifications: None.Other: Basic computer skills
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).Must interact with staff and co-workers across a diverse range of disciplines.Must be able to follow directions.Must be able to operate equipment.
The physical demands described here are the representative of the minimums that must be met by an employee to perform all essential functions of the job. Most physical demands are below:
Frequent: high/mid/low level lift of items weighing around 25 pounds Frequent: hand coordination
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.