Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Global Safety & Environment Intern – Occupational Safety and Health Services- will provide occupational compliance and technical support to the Wilson Teams related to occupational compliance programs (high risk work, audits, and inspections, near miss and incident investigations).
Projects may include:
- Assist in High Risk Work Program in permitting, implementation, and development
- Assist with GEMBAs to observe work as performed in the field versus as documented
- Support investigations identifying deviations and opportunities for improvement
- Perform Ergonomic evaluations and generate summary reports with sustainable recommendations
- Perform Acoustical Sound evaluations and generate summary reports with sustainable recommendations
- Supporting daily GEMBAs in Packaging, Warehouse, and Projects
- Reviewing new / revised OSHA regulations and our Company SN updates
- Revising and improving our Company Local Programs
- Supporting the Safety Team
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelors/ Masters Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or other technical degree.
- Candidate must have completed at least 2 years of college course work
- Candidates must be able to work full time for a period of 9-12 weeks
- Candidates must have critical thinking, communication, problem solving and computer skills
- Candidates must have ability to receive verbal or written direction and implement corresponding changes
- Candidates must have ability to think critically about process inefficiencies and propose solutions
- Candidates must have a “go get it” and “how can I help” mindset
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have prior internship or work experience in EHS field or in the pharmaceutical industry with a focus on packaging operations
- Candidates should have ability to communicate ideas and explain decisions in a clear and understandable manner.
- Candidates should have ability to work in a small team
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)Relocation:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel RequiredFlexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: