Billing & AR Specialist - School District /Regional Center
The Stepping Stones Group is transforming the lives of children, families, and communities together through our exceptional therapeutic and behavioral health services. We believe our Core Values embody the culture of our organization: Trust, Integrity, Results, Quality, Community, and Inclusivity.
The Stepping Stones Group is committed to diversity and inclusion. As a socially conscious employer driven by purpose, we welcome all people who have the heart to join us in our mission to transform lives together. We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and believe by listening, learning, and empathizing with each other's life experiences we become a stronger organization. If you believe every day is an opportunity to make a difference, we would like to meet you!
In This Position You Will (Position Summary) :
- Knowledge of Group Home, School District & Regional Center rules and guidelines.
- Identify Group Home, School Districts & Regional Centers to be billed
- Create and submit invoices to appropriate School Districts and Group Home contracts per authorization
- Responsible for the collection of outstanding invoices on their assigned accounts are paid in a timely manner
- Requests and enter billable service time to appropriate Regional Center ebilling portal per authorization
- Review and research denials or partially paid invoices and work with the involved parties to resolve the discrepancy
- Prepare and submit corrected invoices in accordance with payor guidelines and timely filing limitations.
- Request and p repare materials such as PVLs needed for billing as requested.
- Maintain accurate and thorough notes for appropriate documentation of records
- Accurately utilize the Central Reach billing system
- Utilize strong critical thinking skills for essential problem-solving and decision-making
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to : answering phones, scanning, faxing, filing of confidential documents, and basic Internet and email utilization
- Provide process improvements as needed for an efficien cy of Billing procedures
- Function as a contributing team member while meeting deadlines and productivity standards
Position Location (City & Country if Applicable) :
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with company policies and HIPAA requirements
- Extensive software skills are required including Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams and SharePoint]
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent follow-through and time-management skills
Education /Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma required; College degree preferred
- 1 + years of experience in billing & AR collections preferred
Billing & AR Supervisor
Number of Reports: