Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir is seeking a technical IT Project Manager-Contract to lead the infrastructure setup of new office and laboratory sites, and support additional IT Operations projects. Working with the Director, IT Operations, you will be the lead for the setup of new sites including San Francisco, Portland, and St. Louis. You will work closely with our managed service providers, Information Security, Research IT, Facilities, and engineers in IT Operations to provide a collaborative, secure, robust environment that enables Vir's mission. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes administration of network equipment, server equipment, as well as experience in implementation of new offices and excellent project and vendor management skills.
- Lead planning, acquisition deployment, and testing of infrastructure and related services to new offices, including networking and conference room setups (i.e., Zoom Rooms).
- Partner with Facilities team in the build out of the new office space, network closets and server rooms.
- Work with the Research IT team to ensure laboratory networks meet research needs.
- Collaborate with network engineers and Information Security to configure and monitor the environments.
- Document infrastructure configuration, write user guides, and train IT operations staff on the new site setups.
- Lead project definition, planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities, including regular project updates to stakeholders and escalation of project risks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in network administration and management and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in design, build-out and administration of IT infrastructure for offices.
- Experience in managing infrastructure projects, including tracking tasks and deadlines, reporting progress, and managing risks
- Strong understanding of different Project Management principles and methodologies, proficiency with PM tools with at least one Enterprise PM software tool (Smartsheet, SharePoint, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Experienced with documentation of infrastructure configs, network topologies, rack-layouts, etc.
- Experience with conference room setup and administration of Zoom rooms
- Self-starter with strong task management and communication skills, able to operate effectively in Vir's dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment
- Experience in systems administration of core infrastructure services (Cisco and Meraki switches, Domain Controllers, DNS, data security, and monitoring) preferred
- Certification is a plus: PMP, Cisco, Meraki, MCSE and others as relevant
*Preferred location is in the San Francisco, CA Bay Area. Occasional travel to other Vir sites in Portland, OR and St. Louis, MO will be required.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.