Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
RaDS IT Research Infrastructure Product Line (RIPL) engineering team is seeking a senior specialist - Research Infrastructure Engineer. This position will be a member of the Operational Technology and Operations (OTOPS) product in the RIPL. OTOPS is accountable for robust and secured shopfloor and enterprise infrastructures and associated IT services to support capture, movement and archival of GxP process data and environmental data. OTOPS provides an one-stop shopping IT partnership with the Research and Development (R&D) division clinical manufacturing pilot plants, process development laboratories, and building automation organizations. OTOPS involves in the design and execution of capital and non-capital improvement projects, and the optimization and reliability of automation systems spanning GxP production, utility systems and associated infrastructure.
The primary location is Rahway, NJ, and will provide support services to other sites.
- A trusted IT automation subject matter expert and a single point of contact for the IT incidents/issues in the R&D pilot plants, environmental monitoring and facility automation.
- Ensure timely IT support in the joint investigation, diagnostics and resolutions with the R&D business partners and interface with site and global functions such as infrastructure, engineering, system security, risk management, etc.
- Manage implementation and upgrade of software in support of maintenance and upkeep of control systems, improving operational efficiencies, reliability, operability and maintainability.
- Commit to IT infrastructure optimization; prioritizes and proposes opportunities for continuous improvement by identifying gaps, common trends and inefficiencies and help establish services where none exists. Recommend obsolescence programs for the technology and infrastructure wherever possible.
- Prioritize and manage multiple IT tasks in capital and non-capital projects and responsible for the complete process adherence according to our Company's standards and polices. Lead/assist project scopes, define IT and infrastructure deliverables, timelines and estimates for a wide array of technologies and services.
- Advise and deliver value-added IT services and infrastructure solutions while ensuring strategies to adapt to technological advancements.
- Lead/assist creating robust testing strategies and execution in compliance with the required quality regulations for IT-related scope.
- Strive to establish OTOPS as a trusted IT advisor to the business partners by building and sustaining strong and collaborative partnerships.
- Good understanding of all phases of SDLC (to enable rapid adoption of our Company's SDLC processes).
- Available onsite when needed to meet with business partners as appropriate to obtain first-hand understanding of requirements/requests/incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in automation, engineering, science, or computer-programming related degree.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years' hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing automation engineering field, interfacing with process and operations personnel.
- 5+ year's hands-on IT experience in the operational technology field in direct support of the platforms such as Emerson DeltaV v14, Siemens WinCC, OSI PI. Proficiency in Rockwell PLC, Inductive Ignition. Working knowledge of general OPC interfaces.
- Familiar with environmental monitoring platforms such as REES, Lonza MODA.
- In-depth knowledge of Purdue Reference Model for Industrial Control System (ICS) network segmentation, hands-on experience in supporting and troubleshooting of shopfloor networks, subnets, vlans, firewalls in virtual and physical environments.
- In-depth knowledge of and hands experience in Windows server virtualization, disaster recovery, computer system backup and archival, data retention policies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing field.
- Experienced problem solver/troubleshooter, skilled in root cause analysis.
- Multi-tasker with ability to lead multiple IT and automation projects.
- Able to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
For positions located in the United States and Puerto Rico - Subject to applicable law, all new hires (including internal transfers) must demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or that they qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement. New hires (including internal transfers) to a position that, as determined by the Company, requires routine collaboration with external stakeholders (such as roles in health services or customer-facing commercial or research-based roles) ("Customer-Facing Role") who are not vaccinated must qualify for a medical or religious exemption and be in a position that the Company determines can accommodate unvaccinated employees without causing an undue burden to business operations. If, following dialog with the candidate as appropriate, it is determined that the candidate either a) does not qualify for a religious or medical exemption or, b) for candidates applying for Customer-Facing roles, it is determined that allowing the candidate to work without vaccination would cause an undue burden to the Company, the candidate will be ineligible for hire or transfer, or any offer of employment or transfer (if applicable) will be revoked. Please note that notwithstanding the approval of any reasonable accommodation, the Company reserves the right to monitor, modify, or revoke any such accommodation if it is determined, following dialog with the employee, that the accommodation is no longer effective or results in an undue burden to the Company.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Washington State and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$96,700.00 - $164,500.00
For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: