IT Technician (REF7929W)
Essential Functions Include:
- Answer IT support calls.
- Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problem in order to: (1) attempt hardware/software solution by phone, or (2) decide proper level of maintenance required to solve problems.
- Set up network hardware (memory/application installation) and software components as required.
- Install, terminate and certify network cabling in accordance with the 586B standard.
- Install drive formatting/applications.
- Perform file maintenance.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security and software on file servers.
- Establish network users, user environment, directories and security for networks being installed.
- May act as the firm s technical representative in meetings and discussions with clients and maintains an awareness of how other organizations are using computers through participation at user groups and trade shows.
- Assist in the coordination, development and implementation of unified approaches to standards, policies and procedures to ensure the use of computers for high productivity and quality.
- Assure support is provided for hardware and software, network management and data security to ensure minimal disruption to the company and projects.
- Assist with development and implementation of policies for data security (backup archive, disaster recovery), and physical security.
- Acts as a buffer between users and any third parties that may be providing software or hardware support.
- Acts as key customer contact for select accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of desktop applications in a Windows 7,8,10 environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019, Exchange, related servers and applications.
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server Administration and Maintenance.
- Working knowledge of information security practices.
- Strong client communication skills.
- Some Network Administration.
- Some Database Administration.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Onsite customer service experience.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver s license required.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Certification Desirable.
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Desirable.
- MCDST for Windows 7/8/10 Pro Desirable.