Want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Join our established Hematology/Oncology pat Indiana University Health. We are seeking a Hematologist/Oncologist to collaborate with our highly skilled team at IU Health Arnett Hospital and Cancer Center in the collegiate city of Lafayette, IN! A culture where clinical excellence is expected.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 20 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full-Time, Days
- Monday - Friday
- Call Schedule - 1:4
- 80% outpatient; 20% inpatient
- Will practice primarily at IU Health Arnett Hospital with outreach in surrounding county clinics
- Oncology providers are very interactive with providers throughout the multi-speciality group, coordinating often comple care effectively.
- Providers are interactive with the department staff and engaged in ongoing quality improvement projects
- Provide medical educational and multidisciplinary team coordination services to the assigned areas.
- Provide independent judgement in diagnosis and treatment of patients, formulation of treatment plans, and direction of the interdisciplinary team in achieving the goals of the patient care plan.
- Provide direct and indirect patient care to the assigned areas.
- Provide medical supervision of the interdisciplinary team and supervises residents and medical students in all aspects of their assigned duties.
- Participate in clinical research projects of interest in cooperation with the medical research department.
- Utilize literature and attends regional and national meetings to remain current and professionally competent.
- Participates in patient, staff, and professional education programs.
- Participates in educational and research programs including didactic material, formal teaching conferences, clinical teaching, staff education conferences, and clinical research.
- Maintain records in accordance with the policies of the organization Health Partner, applicable laws and regulations. Patriates in development of unit guidelines, procedures, programs, and makes recommendations to improve quality and efficiency of care.
- Share specifically designated on-call responsibilities with other physician members of the assigned areas.
- Participate, as needed, in medical audits, quality assurance programs, investigations, peer review, and other inquiries relating to the standards of professional care.
- Provide medical supervision and leadership to the interdisciplinary team to achieve the maximum benefit for each patient.
- Requires MD/DO, Internal Medicine BC/BE, Eligible for Indiana Medical License
- Strong base salary and production/incentive (WRVU)
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage