Syneos Health is engaged in a direct hire search for a pharmaceutical organization. Syneos Health is searching for a results-oriented and collaborative key account manager with a proven track record of success.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for helping our client meet its mission to fight the opioid addiction crisis by informing Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) about products and related access resources. This role will help to ensure HCPs are fully informed about the clinical aspects of the product as well as how to obtain the product when making an independent treatment decision for their patients.
Specifically, the Key Account Manager will help meet its overall sales objectives by delivering clinical product-related information and providing reimbursement-related information, in line with Company policies, to appropriate HCPs. The role will require the ability to deliver sales objectives as well as effectively educate on reimbursement-related information.
The Key Account Manager must conduct all work activities in accordance with all company policies and codes of conduct.
Responsibilities of the Key Account Manager include but are not limited to:
- Achieve incentive goals, patient access to product objectives and other expected performance measures for geographic assignment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of all aspects of clients products by having thorough product, disease state and market knowledge.
- Understand and uphold the requirements to sell in a compliance manner consistent with the FDA-approved product labeling
- Exhibit strong selling skills through thorough preparation, by understanding customer needs, through communicating key selling messages, with superior listening and communication skills, and by gaining effective agreement on execution steps.
- Review, analyze and interpret field reports to ensure quarterly and annual objectives are met.
- Develop a deep understanding of assigned territory, including delivery of care, major payers, and regulatory environment.
- Understand industry trends and emerging competition as well as reimbursement patterns and potential implications to patient delivery.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) required, Advanced Business Degree a plus
- 2+ years of sales and/or field market access experience in biotech/specialty pharmaceutical/device industries
- Proven sales or field market access performance as evidenced by market performance reports and recognition awards in Specialty Pharmacy markets
- In-depth understanding of reimbursement/insurance coverage for physician-administered treatments
- Proven product launch experience in a highly complicated and competitive environment
- Experience selling specialty products, in-particular physician-administered products such as implantable or injectable medication technologies in a healthcare setting
- Ability to work autonomously to find new business opportunities
- Valid driver's license and in good standing
Our client's policy requires that all employees present proof of COVID-19 vaccination to work in positions that require any in-person interactions (company headquarters, live interactions with HCPs, customers, etc.). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs, as long as such accommodation does not cause undue hardship to the Company and the employee is still able to perform the essential job functions.
Syneos Health companies and are clients are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)