Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Bio is seeking an experienced Lab IT Systems Administrator. This role will focus on providing IT support to laboratory and related research systems. You will have a good understanding of laboratory instruments and their associated IT systems and software, including installation, support, and maintenance. You will be the primary contact and support for troubleshooting instrument software and machines including but not limited to user access, network settings, backup, and storage management. You will work with internal business partners such as Research, Tech Ops, Quality, and IT Operations, as well external vendors, to make sure the IT systems are meeting all the functional, operational, and procedural requirements, and identify opportunities for improved or new systems to meet Vir needs.
Vir's IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir's IT architecture is cloud-first, leveraging a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Act as research and lab IT systems administrator including setting up users, roles, and access levels.
- Provide tier-2 support for research/lab application and instrument system incidents reported through the helpdesk.
- Work with application and instrument vendors and provide assistance to configure new systems, resolve application incidents, and maintain/update systems.
- Perform daily monitoring of research/lab applications in production use and ensure data is preserved through transfers and backups.
- Implement changes and upgrades using documented procedures that are compliant with Vir policies and procedures, and recommend changes that can help improve operations.
- Build relationships with researchers and lab operations staff to ensure good communications and effective operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2+ years of managing IT Systems in an industry R&D/Biotech environment; early career candidates will be considered with relevant academic research or work experience
- Familiarity with scientific instruments and general understanding of their functionality, and ability to communicate IT concepts to non-IT scientific staff
- Experience in implementing and supporting lab information systems, including end-point management and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, networking, endpoint security, and instrument configuration
- Self-starter with strong task management and communication skills, able to operate effectively in Vir's dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.