Salary: $70 - $85K + 7500 sign on ,5k Relocation
Come join our excellent Community Medical Center near Laughlin, NV. We are home to the area's largest intensive care unit as well as a surgery center and wound care clinic.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Laboratory, The Supervisor is responsible for the technical and/or direct supervision of laboratory section (s) or shifts.
Supervises personnel and coordinates functions and activities in assigned divisions. Functions at least 50% of the time as a technical staff member. Responsible for management & scheduling for the Lab Assistants. Responsible for the management of Blood Bank & Micro Lab results/performance. Oversite of the Microbiology and Blood Bank Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates technical functions and activities in assigned area(s).
- Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work performance, and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Trains other employees in day-to-day procedures.
- Assists in developing budgets.
- Assists in developing department goals and objectives.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units; may participate in research activities and investigates new products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces, demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Consults with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory and/or related services.
- Participates in Quality Assessment Program on a regular and continuing basis.
- Participates in department-specific and/or system-wide projects of varying scope and duration.
- Performs the duties of a medical technologist, including tests and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or a related science
- 5 - 8 years experience required
- Experienced certified generalist or specialist (e.g., MT(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), SC (ASCP), etc.