United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Lead Outsourcing Analyst will provide support throughout the proposal/bid defense process. This role will act as a liaison between Vendors, Departments supported, Corporate Compliance, Finance, and Legal. The Lead Outsourcing Analyst utilizes prior knowledge to review and negotiate complex contracts for financial terms/conditions/impacts and updates, as necessary.
- Ensure complex contracts are processed for services per department needs
- Assist departments supported with the management of complex outsourcing needs and accountabilities to minimize risks
- Gather service requirements from Budget Managers/Operational Leads
- Prepare RFIs and RFPs from vendor
- Understand and utilize project planning and costing tools/software to evaluate options, negotiate costs and recommend optimal value-added solutions
- Collaborate with Budget Manager/Operational Lead to prepare, negotiate, and finalize complex Work Orders, Healthcare Provider (HCP) Agreements, 3rd party Vendor Services Agreements, and Change Orders
- Submit Need Assessment Forms (NAFs) for Corporate Compliance approval as needed for departments supported
- Negotiate contracts related to services within the agreed legal and budgetary process framework
- Review all contracts for financial terms/conditions/impacts and updates, as necessary
- Develop and implement service level agreements related to financial, operational, and quality deliverables
- Communicate impact of significant contractual changes and associated budgets to department manager and Finance
- Partner with Budget Manager/Operational Lead to support oversight and strategy of the vendor relationship management processes
- Liaise frequently with vendors, internal customers and stakeholders including Operations, Corporate Compliance, Finance, and Legal teams
- Collaborate with Budget Managers to understand project pipeline and assist with planning/strategy
- Adhere to all work instructions and SOPs established by Outsourcing
- Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives from an Outsourcing perspective, including analyzing current process and determining/presenting design enhancements to management and peers
- Perform all other duties as assigned
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in a relevant field, will consider commensurate experience and/or combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in contract management, finance analysis, or outsourcing (preference with a CRO or on Sponsor side)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel
- Prior experience with an ERP system
- Effectively communicates across all levels of the organization
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experience in reporting on and presenting information
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience working in a large organization
- Demonstrates organizational and effective time-management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Copes well in stressful environments
- Capable of successfully handling various and sundry tasks
- 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/life sciences industry
- Experience negotiating and prior experience in drafting clinical trial-related and general contracts/agreements
- Experience with ClearTrial, Grants Manager and/or other industry cost and planning tools
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities