GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Lead Network Engineer will be primarily responsible for designing, configuring, implementing and supporting the LAN, WAN, WLAN, and Cisco Voice networks for Sinai Health Systems (SHS) enterprise network. Additional responsibilities include developing technology standards and procedures, collaborating on architectural direction, and designing solutions that meet the needs of a rapidly growing environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Design and deploy large scale enterprise LAN, WAN, WLAN and including routers, switches, firewalls, and other network related hardware.
- Work closely with the business and IT to develop high performing, efficient, cost effective, and operationally supportable solutions that meet the business’ complex requirements.
- Collaborate with other members of the SHS Infrastructure team to create and maintain SHS standards and operating procedures, provide information as appropriate to manager, project manager, and various departments within the SHS.
- Works closely with peers in IT, security, operations and server teams to deliver infrastructure services to support the enterprise throughout the company.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis by determining the cause of a problem and providing a documented resolution. Ensuring that the SHS IS team including leadership is informed on the problem/solution in a timely manner.
- Maintain SHS Lifecycle Management for the SHS networking/voice. Works with IS leadership to identify upgrades or improvements as needed.
- Leads effort to ensure SHS networks maximum uptime with planned downtimes for upgrades/patches.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities for network performance and functionality improvement within the environment.
- Interface with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system and application requirements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for SHS Network and Voice environments.
- Mentor SHS infrastructure team members as needed.
- Define requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Off-Hours support including periodic (rotational) On-call availability
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- CISCO CERTIFIED DESIGN PROFESSIONAL (CCDP) – PREFERRED
- CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL (CCNP) – PREFERRED
- ITIL V 4.0 CERTIFIED – PREFERRED
- CISCO ACI – NICE TO HAVE.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years supporting large scale enterprise network infrastructures implementing Cisco solutions
- 7+ years designing enterprise scale routing and switching environments
- 7+ years of experience with routing, core switching, Cisco Nexus, ASA firewalls, VLAN, VPN, WLAN.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Layer 2 & Layer 3 technologies
- Extensive experience with the following protocols and technologies: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, monitoring tools, network topologies, OSFP, BGP, MPLS, STP, HSRP, VPN, Palo Alto, and Citrix Netscalers.
- Proven experience and ability to manage problem resolutions of complex or intermittent issues in a multi-vendor, integrated enterprise environment.
- Experience with network monitoring and performance analysis monitoring tools, and a history of using them for performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Network access methods including T1, DS3, OC3, Ethernet, Wireless (Cisco AirNet 5500 series).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrates poise and professionalism while working under pressure
- Strong communications both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate ideas to both technical and business partners, so that they both have an understanding.
- Strong team player with proven experience and ability to collaborate internally among teams and externally among application and business unit.
- Strong Customer Service focus skills is a must.
- Extremely self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail/quality.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Proven track record of successfully executing projects and process documentation/implementation
- Self-Scheduling: 12-Hour Shifts - Days, Evenings or Nights
- Institutions: Teaching Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center (MSH), Level 2 Trauma Center (HCH)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Long Term Care Insurance, Critical Illness & Accident Insurance, Wellness Program
- 403(b) match
- Flexible Spending, Health Savings accounts and voluntary benefits at group rates
- Train Shuttle
- Legal Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Discounts