Licensed Practical Nurse - Hershey, PA
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) is
responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a
positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians,
advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful
LPN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a
dedication to customer service and patient care.
provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures,
and other duties
- Responsible for screening and accurate detailed
clinical intake of patients and updating medical records
- Able to prepare and administer all prescribed medications
including, but not limited to, IV medications and fluid administration,
IM, SQ, PO, and intradermal medication administration at the direction of
the medical provider (per applicable State regulations and MedExpress
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam
- Complete occupational health testing including such
services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care
and new types of procedures, etc.
role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise
level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases
and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours
at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in
relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary
based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewarded
and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you
and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well
as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Licensed Practical or Vocational Nursing
- Current state LPN licensure and BLS/CPR certification
- 2+ years of clinical experience in direct patient care
- Maintain CEU/CMEs as applicable for licensure
- Current IV Certification or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state
- Experience with venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, healthcare, patient care, MedExpress, Hershey, PA, Pennsylvania