Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN/LPN Pecan Valley Healthcare WellMed San Antonio TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Under the direction of providers (defined as an MD, DO, DPM, NP or PA) or RNs, the LVN/LPNprovides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and procedures approved by WellMed and applicable state board of nursing . Is an active member of the health care team to assess patients’ needs, provide input into the plan of care and implement prescribed interventions.
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, medication administration, EKGs, phlebotomy) as determined by the applicable State Board of Nursing.
- Participates in implementing established education plans for patients and their families with common health problems and well defined health learning needs
- Coordinates patient care as directed by providers, RNs, and policies, including referrals, transition visits, medications, procedures and follow up
- Documents chief complaint and rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Telephonically obtains information on chief complaint and symptoms and accurately relays information to provider
- Collects data and performs “focused” nursing assessment of patients; assists in the evaluation of a patient’s response to treatment and identifies patient’s needs; communicates findings to the provider
- Records patient assessment and care in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for patients prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider and/or RN
- Provides a safe environment (OSHA standards) for patients and staff in the clinic
- Ensures patient confidentiality (HIPAA) at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Practices standard infection control precautions
- Ensures medication management follows policies and procedures; appropriately documents medications & immunizations in patient records
- Follows laboratory management polices & procedures and CLIA standards; collects lab samples and ensures proper labeling
- Fulfills medication refill requests following approved protocols
- If certified in IV therapy; starts peripheral lines, monitors and adjusts flow rates, prime IV lines, changes dressing on IV sites (if needed) and discontinues venous lines
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
WellMed at Pecan Valley – E. Southcross St. 78222 / near the old SE Baptist Hospital and WW White Rd.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted State Vocational/Practical Nursing license
- Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Effective listening and communication skills; proper use of grammar and spelling
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to perform medical procedures, give injections and perform phlebotomy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with providers/staff, patients, and the community
- Good communication and customer service skills
- If required by clinic, IV certification must be obtained
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 2+ years of experience in a medical setting
- IV certification
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN/LPN, Medical Terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, Pecan Valley, Texas, TX