MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSDs success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSDs Information Technology division partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing MSDs contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
The main goal of our research IT Solution Engineering group is to design and build innovative solutions to emerging business problems, optimize data workflows, and enable effective decisions, esp. in the domains of research and development. People in the group provide their combined expertise in programming and science and collaborate closely with product management and software engineering groups in this and other organizations.
We are looking for a new member of our team to take on challenges concerning knowledge representation and semantic technologies. You will focus on improving the data infrastructure for data-driven drug discovery workflows by designing and implementing solutions for data acquisition, enhancement, integration, search and analytics.
You will work in an encouraging and inspiring environment, learn and apply cutting-edge technology to problems that matter, and help building the knowledge graph of MSD research domain.
* You will significantly contribute to the development of capabilities and products owned by the our research devision or other MSD IT teams in order to deliver highly valuable solutions to problems like information extraction, knowledge discovery, advanced search, and natural language processing.
* You will grow your expertise, apply it, and share it with your collaborators across the company.
* You will communicate effectively, learn, innovate, and drive changes where appropriate.
* University degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with considerable experience in knowledge representation and software development.
* Experience with semantic web technologies, RDF, ontology design, linked data, graph databases.
* Hands-on experience with relational databases and data modelling.
* Fluency in a couple of languages, including but not limited to SQL, SPARQL, and English.
* Actionable knowledge of information technology combined with a deep interest in life sciences.
* Self-driven personality passionate about solving problems in these domains, keen on designing and building elegant solutions, learning, experimenting, and sharing outcomes.
* Experience working in the industry or leading academic collaboration with the industry.
* Adaptability and responsiveness to the evolving needs of the business.
* Ability to work and lead in international and intercultural teams.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and were counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, were inventing for life.