LPN - Crestview
Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN
Day or NOC
Day 6am-6pm, NOC 6pm-6am
Location: Avamere Crestview of Portland
6530 SW 30th AvePortland, OR 97239(503) 244-7533
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Career development
- Free meals for employees
- Employee assistance program featuring counseling services, financial coaching, free legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
- Access up to 50% of your net earned income before payday
Find your calling at Avamere where we support you in your career path.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Avamere, you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job - it's a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members.
- Complete required record keeping in regards to your role in admitting, transferring and discharging residents.
- Coordinate with nursing staff and support personnel daily to plan the shifts' services, programs and activities to ensure the resident's total regimen of care is maintained.
- Prepare and administer medications and review medication cards for completeness and accuracy.
- Review resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
- Plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Provide leadership to nursing personnel and make daily rounds of your unit to ensure staff is providing direct care in accordance with resident's care plan and wishes.
- Develop and maintain rapport with nursing staff, other department personnel, residents, family members, and all other individuals involved in resident's care.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in this state.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident's response to care.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Nestled in the bustling, beautiful city of Portland, Oregon sits Avamere Crestview of Portland. This location offers skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care. Avamere Crestview of Portland features 127 skilled nursing beds. Amenities include 24-hour staff, private transportation services, a Resident Council, a library, and an extensive activities calendar. Their engaging employee culture fosters trust and fun through their team, residents, and those just stopping by for a visit.
"I love the family-team vibe that I feel when I come to work."
- Cierra, CNA
"I find my job very rewarding. I love our residents and staff, they're like my second family."
- Trisha, House
"Here at Crestview of Portland, residents aren't just another face or patient. I get to learn their story and be a part of their journey."
- Joshua, Director of Medical Records
"I never expected to walk away with bits of wisdom each day working at Crestview of Portland. I could never have guessed just how much my own life would be impacted by getting to know residents. So many stories, experiences, and lessons to learn. It's truly amazing."
, Admin Assistant
Team members appreciate that there are always opportunities for education and networking which can help you get to where you want to go. Avamere offers several programs to help in career development, including tuition assistance and mentorship. Many employees who began in entry-level positions, like a CNA, have gone on to have advanced positions, like a resident care manager.
Avamere Crestview of Portland is a team-oriented community and prides itself on longevity; many team members have been at the community for over 10 years, with one employee putting in over 30 years of service!
The American Health Care Association recognized Avamere Crestview of Portland for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program.
Get to know more about Avamere Crestview of Portland on their blog and on Facebook.