LPN - Fort Smith
++++++This position is located in Fort Smith++++++
The Licensed Practical Nurse II, (LPN II), is a specifically trained member of the clinic team. The LPN supports the on-going delivery of care as identified by the multi-disciplinary scope of practice. The LPN works under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. The LPN works with the individual patient, their families, and providers of care to implement individual health plans.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- 11 paid Holidays with separate Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy.
Salary offered to commensurate with experience.
30% Circle of Excellence--We Create Comfort, Hope and Healing for our Patients and Families
. The Circle of Excellence consists of behavior and service standards which demonstrate the culture and policies and procedures of UAMS and the Clinical Programs Division. The service standards are: Safety 20%, Respect 20%, Excellence 20%, Image 20%, and Efficiency 20%. The behavior standards consist of: our environment, attitude, ethics, communication, teamwork, appearance, and quality. These are all attributes which are essential in providing the patient care and support in achieving the overall mission of the organization. A full description of COE can be found at (click here for review)
This is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible position responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
70% Job Duties (Performs Role of):
*Nursing Process (20%)
- Triage, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care and patient education either by telephone or within the UAMS Clinic. Delivers nursing care according to standards as defined by UAMS, American Nurses Association, (ANA), AR State Board of Nursing, (ASBN), and those set forth by nursing specialty organizations. Helps develop patient's Plan of Care, (POC), per clinic standards utilizing assessment data.
*Nursing Ethics (10%)
- Decisions and actions are based on ethical principles on the ANA. Practices with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and uniqueness of every patient without restrictions or prejudice. Demonstrates a commitment to patients and families by being an advocate who continually strives to preserve the rights of the patient while providing safe, competent care. Accountable for individual practice and ensures that optimum care is given at all times. Preserves integrity and safety, maintains competence and continues to grow professionally. Effectively utilizes resources for resolving ethical dilemmas.
*Education/EBP/Research /QI (10%)
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Evidenced Based Practice/Research process. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice. Supports the integration of current evidence into nursing practices. Promotes an environment conducive to positive educational experience for all students and staff. Provides effective patient/family education.
- Implements POC using an approach that is interdisciplinary and Patient and Family Centered Care. Effectively collaborates and communicates with nursing staff at all levels, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders. Communicates care appropriately through documentation in the medical record. Reports variances in care/systems/processes through the appropriate means.
- Acts as a resource/support to others in the performance of duties. Demonstrates a commitment to the personal and professional development of other UAMS employees. Participates in recruitment/retention of staff. Facilitates development and implementation of nursing practice standards that are evidence-based and in compliance with ANA standards. Delegates care based on UAMS standards, legal and regulatory requirements, specific job descriptions, scope of practice and individual level of education and training.
Professional Practice (10%)
- Participates in unit/department based organizational activities/committees such as the Professional Nursing Organization (PNO) Demonstrates commitment to professional nursing, development and growth. Evaluates personal performance based on professional practice standards. Uses constructive feedback from peers and supervisors to improve practice and performance. Maintains clinical competencies specific to area of practice/responsibility.
Other duties may be assigned to this position
Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner as needed. Demonstrates effective communication skills; communicates accurate and complete information; maintains strict confidentiality when necessary. Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments; follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines. Assist internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service
- Graduate of accredited LPN nursing program.
- Must have current and valid Arkansas Practical Nurse License.
- 2 years of LPN experience
- Current BLS certification is required or must successfully obtain certification within the first 30 days of employment.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background [and registry (if applicable)] check [and drug screen (if safety sensitive position)]. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an and of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).