MA / Medical Assistant - Sylvania Adult & Pediatric Med - Full Time - Days
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Functioning as a team member within a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the practice setting. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications. Renders direct patient care services under supervision demonstrating ProMedica s values to the patient.
- Reports for scheduled shifts on time and in a professional manner with regard to behavior, telephone courtesy, dress, identification, and communication with patients colleagues, and outside agencies.
- Provides exemplary patient care within Physician Group Practice. Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the patient, expresses interest in their comfort, privacy and requests.
- Rooms patients: take vital signs, documenting and order entry within the EPIC system, arranging and coordinating support and ancillary services for patient care, preparing patient rooms for visits, stocking exam rooms, preparing schedules, and providing general support to the providers and patients
- Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations.
- May support a variety of clerical functions that support office function including calls, documentation, scanning, etc
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
- Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork. Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and co-workers at all times. Actively participates and is engaged in staff meetings.
- Collaborates with leadership and other staff to recommend changes to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica s core values.
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in the medical industry; including both patient care or non-patient care roles
- BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA at time of employment
- Or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit health and well-being organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 49,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,500+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 1,000+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 330+ assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.