IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are looking for a creative, innovative, intellectually curious and entrepreneurial Data Scientist with experience in developing tools for data science and machine learning, and delivering and supporting technical work for client projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the world's leading human data science teams working with real world insights to help our clients answer specific questions globally, make more informed decisions and deliver results.
Ideally you will have:
- Postgraduate degree or higher involving machine learning or computer science
- Experience of statistical / machine learning projects in academia or commercial sector end to end with proven delivery capability including capturing requirements, designing analysis plans, interfacing with clients and report / manuscript writing.
- Strong programming skills in Python. Experience in pySpark is highly beneficial.
- Experience developing scalable solutions and pipelines to handle large and complex data.
- Excellent knowledge of supervised machine learning methods, such as regularised regressions, ensemble tree classifiers (e.g. xgboost), support vector machines, deep learning methods, etc. Good grasp of classical statistical methods, such as fitting regression models, inference testing and sampling.
- Solid understanding of best coding practices and version control software such as Git, ability to write clean and efficient code and a good understanding of the data science package landscape.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices such as Scrum.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including ability to present technical concepts to lay audiences, write analysis plans for projects, contribute to proposals / grant applications, pitch ideas effectively and persuasively to clients / internal stakeholders, etc.
- A proactive, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently, able to work as part of a cross-functional team.
Bonus points for:
- Peer-reviewed publications involving machine learning
- Knowledge of healthcare patient-level data.
- Knowledge of epidemiology / biostatistics, particularly analytical issues relating to studies of treatment effectiveness, disease progression, adherence, healthcare utilisation, etc.
- Work in bioinformatics.
- Knowledge of healthcare / life science issues involving Real-World Evidence.
- Experience with patient-level, longitudinal data.
Our Predictive Analytics team is a fast-growing group of collaborative, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals! In our never-ending quest for opportunities to harness the value of Real World Evidence (RWE), we are at the centre of IQVIA's advances in areas such as machine learning and cutting-edge statistical approaches. Our efforts improve retrospective clinical studies, under-diagnosis of rare diseases, personalised treatment response profiles, disease progression predictions, and clinical decision-support tools.
You will join this high-profile team to work on ground-breaking problems in health outcomes across disease areas including Oncology, Neurology, Chronic diseases such as diabetes, and a variety of very rare conditions. The Predictive Analytics team work hand-in-hand with statisticians, epidemiologists and disease area experts across the wider global RWI team, leveraging a vast variety of anonymous patient-level information from sources such as electronic health records. The data encompasses IQVIA's access to over 530 million anonymised patients as well as bespoke, custom partnerships with healthcare providers and payers.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1083485