Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, VIR is seeking an FP&A Manager to support our growing needs in planning and reporting. The individual is responsible for supporting all aspects of forecasting, planning, and tracking, monthly corporate management reporting, and collaboration and government funding reporting. The position requires strong Excel, analytical, and cross functional collaboration skills, and will serve as subject matter expert in corporate financial tracking.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Manage departmental Budget and Forecast processes, including template preparation and existing commitment and trends analysis to support functional manager submissions
- Responsible for month end reporting, including monthly corporate financial management report and departmental actual vs. budget/forecast reports
- Provide finance support for technical accounting activities
- Develop strong rapport with supporting functions; serve as reliable business partner and financial go-to person for functional area managers to help explain, clarify, and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, including trended analysis, operating forecasts, etc.
- Suggest and implement enhancement to existing processes and reporting
- Support company insurance and treasury functions
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses and projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related fields with 5+ years of experience in finance related roles, previous biotech, pharmaceutical, or life science FP&A experience a plus
- Excel power user, experience with Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, and Coupa a plus
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SOX requirements
- Proactive and can-do attitude with unquestionable ethics and integrity a must
- Track record of effectively partnering across the organization with a Collaborative style working across internal and external teams a must
- This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.