About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Supports the development and execution of the Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) long term strategy for one or more product/s or therapeutic area/s. Under the supervision of a group leader, supports clinical and market development, develops US HEOR/value dossiers, plans and conducts Outcomes Research (OR) advisory panels, and conducts HEOR studies.
Reports to an Executive Director, HEOR and works closely with Headquarters (HQ) functions, CMR and Managed Markets (MM). Other home-office relationships include Product Directors, Channel Senior Directors, Brand Marketing teams, Medical Writers, Patient Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) members, and Medical personnel. The incumbent works closely with Global HEOR and Global Marketing colleagues in corporate headquarters. Field-based relationships include clinical and academic key opinion leader (KOL) relationships, consultants & vendors, and professional associations / conferences.
- Develops formulary dossiers and research plans, protocols and budgets, conducts analyses, and prepare drafts and final reports, abstracts, and manuscripts
- Employs advanced technical expertise to design and perform health economic and outcome research projects/studies focusing on value, positioning, and unmet needs of pipeline and/or newly launched Novo Nordisk product/s
- Responsible for key aspects of effective project management, including Request for Proposal (RFP) development, selection of research partners, contract execution, budget management, protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications in alignment with Medical Affairs and commercial strategies
- Supports the design and development of health economics models, including decision analytic models, cost effectiveness models, budget impact models, and disease treatment models to support the market access and performance of Novo Nordisk portfolio brands
- Supports the development of HEOR strategy and evidence for one or more product/s or therapeutic area/s
10-20% overnight travel required.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in fields related to HEOR - outcomes research, health economics, epidemiology, health services research is preferred
- Master’s degree (MSc, MPH) in fields related to HEOR (outcomes research, health economics, epidemiology, health services research) with at least 2 years of work experience in HEOR
- Proficiency in methodological approaches and tools in health services research - e.g. retrospective database analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, budget impact modelling, patient reported outcomes
- Knowledge of US healthcare system
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills; a team player
- Strong process and project management skills
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.