Manager, Human Resources (Classification & Compensation)
Department(s): Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: O - $105,000 - $149,000
This position oversees the Classification & Compensation functions and works closely with human resources leadership to develop and maintain a Classification and Compensation program that supports business needs while remaining in compliance with applicable employment laws, regulations, statutes, and internal policies, procedures, and guidelines. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for compensation administration, performing complex market research, and the oversight of classification and compensation.
• Recommends the design and leads in the implementation of the compensation strategy.
• Advises leadership on organizational policy matters related to the classification and compensation initiatives including revisions to relevant policies.
• Oversees the evaluation of departmental requests for job re-evaluations, creation of new and revisions to job descriptions, re-organizations, assessments of pay grades assigned to job titles, job title changes, market adjustments, and other related requests.
• Oversees compensation programs such as supplemental pay, merit pay incentive pay, pay upon new hire, promotion, transfer, and demotion, temporary assignments, job re-evaluations, and market adjustments.
• Collaborates with recruitment staff to accurately assess candidate and/or employee qualifications in order to recommend compensation offers and maintain internal and external equity.
• Manages the creation and revision of job descriptions
• Facilitates classification and/or compensation studies on a cyclical basis as well as for purposes of reorganization or establishment of new or changed classifications.
• Manages survey participation and submission, monitors, and evaluates benchmark data, trends information and economic projections related to similar jobs in comparable industries, recommending changes as appropriate to maintain a competitive market position and internal equity
• Maintains knowledge and expertise on compensation and classification administration trends.
• Tracks and analyzes statistical data and metrics to identify patterns, trends, opportunities, and initiatives for leadership to use in making decisions related to compensation and classification.
• Interviews, selects, and trains assigned personnel; evaluates and directs the work of subordinates and when applicable, addresses performance deficiencies, implements corrective action, and/or makes recommendations regarding termination.
• For the assigned human resources section(s), participates and manages in the forecasting of expenditures, development and administration of annual budget; monitors and approves expenditures; adjusts as necessary; and initiates purchases and contracts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Partners with other leaders and employees to receive and resolve significant and/or complex classification & compensation matters.
• Prepares and presents reports and requests for the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and executive management.
• Stays current with employment laws; interprets, recommends, and implements modifications and/or development of policies, procedures and guidelines; advises and educates leadership on revisions or changes.
• Designs, develops, and presents trainings to educate and develop leaders and employees on CalOptima compensation policies and processes.
• Designs, develops, and communicates the implementation of human resources programs, initiatives, and processes.
• Stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Classification and Compensation.
• Consults with legal counsel on recommended courses of action and may participate in litigation matters as required.
• Completes projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Possess the Ability To:
• Interpret applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Establish and foster positive working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels in the organization; handle conflict constructively and develop a consensus.
• Foster a culture of customer service focus; including processes and evaluating customer satisfaction.
• Anticipate problems and provide solutions prior to escalation of issue.
• Analyze complex issues, evaluate alternatives, problem solve and implement solutions.
• Exercise sound judgment to make and execute decisions.
• Organize, coordinate research, and analyze statistical data; prepare complex reports.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both in written and oral formats to diverse audiences.
• Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the work of assigned staff and others.
• Work under the pressure of competing priorities, strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
• Utilize and access computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and job-specific systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, Information Technology, or other related field; or an equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
• 7 years of progressive human resources experience, which includes classification and/or compensation required.
• 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
• Experience within the health care or public agency industry preferred.
• Public sector employment laws, statutes, and regulations; dispute resolution; principles of employee discipline.
• Advanced Human Resources theory, principles, practices, and techniques.
• Grammar and professional business writing.
• Principles and practices of staff supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
• Methods and techniques for organizing and implementing programs or projects.
• Data analysis and metrics that assist the business with decision making.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3079633
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.