Manager, Human Resources (Training & Education)
Department(s): Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Director, Human Resources
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: O - $105,000 - $149,000
This position is responsible for managing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of CalOptima's Training and Education programs. This position collaborates with CalOptima management to identify organizational training and development needs and implement organization-wide initiatives to increase organizational and employee effectiveness and achieve strategic priorities.
• Provides employee supervision, including assigning and evaluating work, conducting performance evaluations, training, and making recommendations on hiring, discipline, and terminations. Provides leadership, coordination, and support to ensure effective communication, development, and implementation of key Training and Education projects, programs, and initiatives in a cross-functional capacity.
• Supports the model of a learning organization.
• Identifies and analyzes Training and Education metrics to measure organizational effectiveness.
• Provides coordination and support of the bi-annual policy review process and development and tracking of staff reports to the Board of Directors.
• Maintains knowledge of the local, state, and federal health care environment to identify public policy and market trends that may impact CalOptima.
• Builds, maintains, and enhances relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Works cross-functionally with subject matter experts to assist with training content development and delivery.
• Develops and delivers training to internal and external stakeholders on a variety of subjects including Human Resource initiatives, organizational dynamics, leadership development, CalOptima program compliance, and more.
• Manages costs related to Training and Education use of consultants and other service providers.
• Manages Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of agency and departmental policies and procedures and serves as a model and resource for staff.
• Effectively delegates projects, work assignments, and tasks to staff with clear expectations of the desired results, explanation of the available resources, and clear guidelines to follow.
• Conducts regular team meetings to assure effective communication of agency goals and objectives, to assure effective communication within the department, to provide the opportunity for feedback on work processes, and to provide a forum for problem resolution.
• Develops and maintains section budget.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
• Prepare comprehensive and complex staff reports.
• Design, implement, and deliver effective Training and Education content to anticipate or respond to business needs.
• Have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding information processed, stored, or accessed by the Learning Management System (LMS).
• Monitor and evaluate employees, including prioritizing work.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Conduct research and solve complex problems.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing and maintain effective working relationships.
• Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job-specific applications/systems such as Cornerstone.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources, Public Administration, or other related field, or an equivalent work experience required.
• 7 years of progressive Human Resources and/or training and development experience required.
• 2 years of experience with Medi-Cal/Medicaid preferred.
• 3 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
• Professional training and education certification(s) preferred.
• Learning Management Systems.
• Adult learning theory, instructional design principles and techniques, and training methods.
• Human Resources theory, principles, practices, and techniques.
• Principles and practices of training implementation, communication, and evaluation.
• Methods and techniques for organizing and implementing programs or projects.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2373726
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.