Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Manager, IT Project Portfolio Management (IT PPM) is expected to contribute to the advancement and management of IT PPM capabilities by providing project & portfolio level support to the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). This Manager will contribute to three key areas:
Integrated IT Project Portfolio Management
- Plan for and manage the annual IT planning cycles and ongoing IT demand processes
- Define, measure, and report IT portfolio KPIs and metrics to ensure overall portfolio health and identify trends and improvement areas
- Streamline and work with program and project managers to facilitate their regular reporting process
- Ensure optimal resource allocation and forecasting to meet IT portfolio objectives
- Manage the production of executive level reports and visualization of data to help ensure alignment of the project portfolio and department objectives with the organization's strategic goals
- Align with business functions and Finance as needed
IT PPM Strategy, Governance, and Stakeholder Partnership
- Contribute to the evolution of Global and Regional IT PPM governance, processes, and systems
- Apply understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the regulatory requirements that apply to IT projects
- Strong communication skills to enable proactive outreach to key business and IT stakeholders in advance of key IT PPM process and system milestones
- Translate complex portfolio data and analytics into consumable information for stakeholders by creating storylines in the context of IT and business objectives
PPM Systems, Frameworks, and Standards
- Contribute to the overall ownership and maintenance of project systems (e.g. ServiceNow ITBM/SPM) and project collaboration platforms (e.g. Asana, Jira, Unipr)
- Conduct regular, detailed interactions with PPM platform service providers as part efforts to continuously improve those systems
- Manage projects and workstreams to deliver on major system enhancements and implementations
- Maintain standardized IT PM artifacts such as process documentation and project templates
- Assist with training Project Managers on the use of project management systems, processes, and templates
The Manager, IT PPM must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable interacting with a variety of functional groups and leaders in all regions. Additionally, experience working on cross functional teams is desired as well as an understanding of facilitating high functioning teams.
- Manage and enhance integrated IT Project Portfolio Management capabilities such as annual continuous portfolio planning, periodic reporting and visualization, and alignment with business and finance functions
- Contribute to the evolution of Global and Regional IT PPM strategy, governance, and activities supporting stakeholder partnership
- Provide stewardship of IT PPM foundations: systems, frameworks, and standards. Train and enable PMs and other IT and business stakeholders to optimize the value of these IT PPM foundations.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Emphasis preferred in science or engineering, Information Technology or analytics related disciplines required
- Master's Degree Master's in Business Administration, Technology Management, Information Systems or related disciplines preferred
- 4 or More Years relevant business operation, portfolio or resource management, including 3+ year data-centric responsibilities in pharmaceutical or relevant industry required
- 4 or More Years Prior experience in management consulting in pharma/biotech and/or enterprise application implementation preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.