About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
To effectively manage U.S., Federal, International, State and Local, direct and indirect tax compliance responsibilities, tax accounting, and reporting requirements for Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) and the North American affiliates of Novo Nordisk. Support includes related financial reporting, forecasting processes and day to day operations. The position will assist the NNI Tax group in the fulfillment of local, regional and global responsibilities with a focus on process efficiency and automation.
Position reports to the Director - U.S. Tax Operations at NNI. As part of NNI Finance, continual interaction with line of business personnel at NNI operations as well as well as Global Service Center (GSC) in Bangalore, India, tax interns or co-ops, regional affiliates and headquarters tax. Position will interact with external auditors, tax advisors and outside professionals as necessary.
- Tax Compliance
- Responsible for preparation of State and local income and franchise (standalone, unitary, combined, etc.) and indirect (business, sales and use, VAT) external tax compliance (returns, estimates and extensions)
- Responsible for preparation of all supporting workpapers (e.g. state allocations, adjustments and apportionment) and research for U.S. affiliates, including determinations of state-by-state filing methodology
- Responsible for calculation of State and local tax credit (e.g. R&D credit) and incentive calculations
- Maintain comprehensive State tax filing calendar as well as preparation of annual BoD report for each legal entity
- Support and manage State and local tax audits and inquiries. Identify, quantify, and report State and local tax risk
- Oversee and support the external preparation and completion U.S. Customs submissions
- Responsible for all business, property and local taxes for all U.S. affiliates. This includes assisting Finance and Legal at affiliates with unclaimed property taxes and State registrations, respectively
- Implement changes that result from legislative updates into current processes
- Assist stakeholders with tax research and formal documentation as required
- Tax Accounting
- Responsible for monthly, interim and annual tax reporting and forecasts, including annual accrual to return true-up entries and monthly tax account reconciliations. Assist in addressing inquiries from internal and external auditors
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of tax calculations and addressing inquiries of internal stakeholders and external financial auditors for U.S. affiliates
- Ensure all tax accounting activities are completed in a manner compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and the NNI internal control environment
- Policies, Process and Digitalization
- Serve as key point of contact for all stakeholders, internal and external for all matters all State and local compliance, audit and tax accounting matters, e.g. Direct and Indirect Taxes
- Serve as daily contact for internal stakeholders in regard to matters concerning assigned responsibilities, as required
- Identify, recommend and assist in implementation of policy, process and digitization improvements to ensure best in class internal and external tax and financial compliance. This includes fully leveraging current and new technologies to streamline processes, improve analysis and create more valuable output for stakeholders
- Assist with the maintenance and update of process documentation for all responsibilities
- Responsible for successful recruiting, leveraging and coordination of tax intern/co-ops and program personnel
- Successfully leverage GSC personnel in performance of assigned responsibilities
- Support ad hoc projects as required by local, regional or global stakeholders
0-10% overnight travel required. Novo Nordisk requires all new hires, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or Finance. CPA is strongly preferred. Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years Corporate tax experience with ideal candidate having a balance of both public accounting and private industry experience
- Industrial Products and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills; strong attention to detail. The ability to work independently on complex tax issues with knowledge of applicable rules and requirements
- Proficiency in tax technology as well as MS Office products with a high aptitude for databases and spreadsheets for use in tax applications. Knowledge of SAP is preferred. Proficiency in OneSource. Working knowledge of tax automation and/or visualization tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of organization
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced matrix environment
- Works within Novo Nordisk’s established policies and procedures and ensures alignment of their work to Novo Nordisk fundamentals
- Embraces Novo Nordisk Values in spirit and actions
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.