About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Diabetes Finished Products (DFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at DFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At DFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Lead tactical & long-term strategic activities to drive process & technical improvements within respective department & ensure technical & maintenance standardization across shift teams.
- Coaching & mentoring of direct reports
- Development of long-term technical & process improvement plans
- Ensure robust processes are in place to exceed all quality objectives, specifications, & requirements
- Drive process performance to meet business & customer needs
- Championing systematic problem solving (SPS) process
- Process confirmation of technical & maintenance standards
- Drive technical & maintenance standardization & collaboration across shift teams & Diabetes Finish Product (DFP)
- Ensure collaboration across sites via applicable process groups
- Ensure completion of high-level projects & investigations
- Owner of departmental master plan for technical improvements
- Process group responsibilities representing the Clayton site & contributing globally to better/best practices & projects for manufacturing efficiency & compliance
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS or MS in engineering/related field or equivalent combination of experience & education
- Minimum five (5) years of leadership (direct or indirect) experience in engineering, manufacturing, or maintenance with a preference toward pharmaceutical or other regulated industries. Experience driving process improvements/design using systematic methodologies, LEAN & Six Sigma strongly preferred
Knowledgeable in high-speed, automated filling &/or assembly/packaging systems & technologies. Knowledgeable in aseptic &/or finished processing.
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work hours necessary to support 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to travel internationally, as requested
- Normal office environment & ability to work in production line areas
- Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
Millions rely on us
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive change. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees to change the lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.