MDS Coordinator RN
Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes! Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
*Relocation Assistance Available*
MDS Coordinator RN
Monday - Friday
Avamere Rehab of Newport
835 SW 11th Ave. Newport, OR 97365
Avamere Rehabiliation of Newport is everything that you would expect from a 5-star skilled nursing facility. A solid survey history, an outstanding care team supporting exceptional nursing and a wonderful employee culture. All this, along with excellent relations with local providers and highly regarded by this coastal community, result in Avamere Rehabiliation of Newport being a sought after destination for both short term and long term care.
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Career development
- Employee assistance program featuring counseling services, financial coaching, free legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
The primary responsibility of this position is to complete the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAA's and Triggers.
- Review patient care plans for appropriate goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs.
- Ensure all personnel involved in providing care to the patients are aware of their care plans.
- Schedule and facilitate care plan conferences.
- Monitor and guide the completion of PPS and OBRA assessments.
- Manage the Utilization Review (UR) process.
- Oversee MAR's treatment, flow sheets and physicians orders.
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government agencies.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- MDS Certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the RAI process, CAAs, RUG categories and MDS 3.0.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and resident's response to care.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
Nestled near the beautiful Oregon coast lies Avamere Rehabilitation of Newport, a 52-bed skilled nursing community. This location features skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care. The staff value quality care with a 4-star Medicare rating and a 4-star staffing rating.
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon's most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
Get to know more about Avamere Rehabilitation of Newport on their website and Facebook.