- The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment diagnosis outcomes identification planning implementation and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumers' health or the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses problems and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation. Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan coordinates care delivery and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumers and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and other nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines relevant statutes rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan provide and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe effective and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance or facility decision making activities developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Physical Requirements Work requires walking standing sitting lifting reaching stooping bending pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients' medical equipment and supplies.
- Must speak English in good understandable terms.
- Intact sense of sight hearing smell and touch.
- Finger dexterity.
- Critical thinking and the ability to concentrate.
- Must be able to respond quickly to changes in inpatient and/or unit conditions.
- Physical Abilities Testing required.
- Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
- Primary Source Verification Required.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to the American Heart Association. ACLS Required
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.