Position: Medical Assistant I
Location: 16205 Sand Canyon, Irvine, CA 92618 / 4900 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA 92604
Duration: 3 months (Contract-to-Hire possibility)
Shift Timing: (Mon – Fri) 2:00pm-10:30pm and/or (Mon – Fri) 12:00pm-8:30pm, preferable candidate should be flexible; Must be able to work weekends/every other weekend, holidays
- Under the direction of the Site Supervisor or Site Manager, the Medical Assistant and Lead for the client’s Medical Group performs a variety of back office and clerical duties in support of the patient care activities, ensuring even patient flow and continuous communication within the client’s location, referring physician offices, and Organizational staff.
- The Medical Assistant and Lead displays and practices a work-style that reflects the mission, vision and values of the client’s Medical Foundation as well as Hospital. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures, including the use of specialized instrumentation, Quality Control requirements, and preventive maintenance.
- Greets and assists multiple patients, ensuring the promptness of their service:
- Utilizes positive verbal tone while speaking with patients/customers in person or on the telephone.
- Answers telephones, schedules appointments, and handles front-office responsibilities as needed.
- Under the guidance of the Site Supervisor or Site Manager the Medical Assistant will:
- Escorts patients to the exam room.
- Assists the RN by collecting recording and reporting patient specific data that includes: TPR, BP, RR and HR
- Collects and handles lab specimens as directed, according to protocol.
- Clarifies all directions so patient care is completed without delay or confusion.
- Promptly reports unusual observations or changes in patient condition/behavior.
- Assists physician with examinations and procedures and carries out orders as directed.
- Ensures patient care is delivered and the unit is maintained in accordance with professional regulatory standards.
- Coordinates patient flow and ensures care in a timely manner.
- Completes unit tasks such as cleaning exam areas, cleaning exam tables, instruments, emptying trash, and running errands.
- Restocks supplies in each treatment room, maintaining an appropriate par level. Notifies appropriate staff member when supplies are needed to be ordered.
- Prioritizes workload and completes all assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate population as outlined in the job description and competencies.
- Position may require local travel between various Organization locations. (Mileage compensation will be provided)
- Position may require participating in meetings outside of normal business hours including occasional evenings and/or weekends. (Compensation will be awarded per hours worked according to the wage and hour laws).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of Medical Assistant program or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one (1) year previous medical back-office experience, preferably within an acute healthcare system environment
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program or equivalent knowledge and experience
- 1+ years of relevant experience in an urgent care and/or family practice setting, high paced offices with patient volumes greater than 40+ per day
- CPR Certified
- HS Diploma or GED minimum educational requirement