Assist provider with patient care as assigned but not limited to the following:
- Escort patient to and from exam room and help patient prepare for exam.
- Take patient vitals when requested by provider.
- Documentation in Electronic Health Record
- Clean and straighten exam room between patients.
- Organize patient flow according to protocol.
- Prepare syringes according to protocol.
- Administer local anesthetic - subcutaneous and intra-muscular.
- Assist provider with injectable procedures.
- Remove sutures.
- Ensure completion of forms and appropriate requisitions.
- Set-up, clean, sterilize and inventory all medical equipment and instruments including procedure tray according to instructions.
- Prepare pathology and lab specimens. Route to correct lab as required by patient's insurance. Maintain accurate pathology log.
- Notify providers and patients of pathology and lab results.
- Respond to patient questions in office and on phone as instructed.
- Schedule or re-schedule appointments with providers, specialists as necessary. Send appropriate records as necessary.
- Work in compliance with OSHA, bloodborne pathogen standards.
- Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Adherence to the healthcare compliance policy.
- Document and keep current appropriate records for maintenance programs.
- Maintain medication samples, discard out-of-date supplies, and keep appropriate records.
- Maintain infection control. Maintain cleanliness of exam rooms, and keep supply cabinets well stocked.
- Order, sort, re-stock, and inventory all medical supplies.
- Document all medical instructions given to patients.
- Occasional pulling and filing of patient charts.
- Prepare patients for laser procedures and/or fill liquid nitrogen canister (as required at your location).
- Completion of a formal Medical Assistant program OR a bachelor's degree program in a pre-med or pre-physician's assistant track required.
- At least 1 year of recent experience as a medical assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant or other clinically based patient care experience.
- An ability to work independently, excellent communications skills, organizational skills and flexibility required
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills is a must.