This is a great opportunity to join a growing part of UnitedHealth Group and advance your career!
***Top employer for Medical Assistant opportunities! Join our growing WellMed team in various clinic locations throughout the Tampa Bay region!***
- Assist physicians and nursing personnel with injections, EKGs, phlebotomy and other patient care procedures
- Maintain established quality control standards
- Record and process patient care documentation quickly and accurately
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize, stock and clean exam and treatment rooms and sterilize instruments
- Maintains quality control standards and required Medical Assistant and CPR certifications
This clinic is located at 4278 W. Linebaugh, Tampa, FL 33624 and is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
The pace is fast and you'll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and/or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Assistant or related experience in a medical setting
- ICD-9/10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an every day opportunity to do to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: MA, Medical assistant, CMA, certified medical assistant, RMA, registered medical assistant, certified, registered, geriatric, patient care, clinical care, labs, phlebotomy, EKG, vitals, St. Petersburg, FL, Florida, Largo, Clearwater, St. Pete, St. Pete Beach, Pass-a-Grille, Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, Westchase, South Tampa, Indian Rocks, Madeira, Town and Country, Westchase, Lutz, Carrollwood, Land O Lakes, Odessa, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephryhills, Brandon, Sun City Center, Apollo Beach, Gibsonton, New Tampa, West Tampa