Medical Assistant/LPN - Kennesaw, GA
Medical Assistant/LPN - Full -Time
Assists providers in the examination and treatment of patients following established standards and practices, as directed by the physician leader.
- Greet patients in the waiting area, assure patient flow runs smoothly and efficiently, escort patients to the discharge counter.
- Obtain patient history; assess/triage patients, measure vital signs, and record information on the chart.
- Explain treatment procedures and prepare patient and exam room for examination.
- Position instruments and equipment and hand to the physician as directed. Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment after use.
- Administer injections, medications, eye, and ear irrigations and enemas, dress/bandage wound and incisions, start/monitor IV, draw blood, and assist physicians with any procedures.
- Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiographs, defibrillators, cardiac monitors, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, peak flow, and inhalation treatment equipment.
- Perform CLIA-waived lab tests, draw blood, and collect labels and process specimens for send-out.
- Perform both DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensure preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
- Perform dosage calculations for administering medications.
- Remove sutures/staples and change sterile and non-sterile dressings.
- Where applicable, perform basic x-rays or assist radiology technician with x-ray set-up.
- Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used.
- Perform patient callbacks, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Monitor disposable inventory and place orders for medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Perform quality checks on medical equipment.
- Assist registration staff and perform additional clerical duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assisting.
- Two years of medical assisting or LPN experience.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- CPR certification.
- Completion of an accredited medical assisting program.
- Ability to work all shifts including, day, night, and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to escort or transport patients by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
CRH Healthcare provides a professional work environment, a strong clinical support organization, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
CRH Healthcare an equal opportunity employer: M/F/D/V