We have an opening for a Full Time Medical Assistant to work at our employer health center located in Columbus, IN!
*EPIC experience preferred
* Self starter and Team Oriented
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
A nonexempt position responsible for administrative and clinical duties under the supervision of physicians and clinical services manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers medications and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, and medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- High school diploma. Graduation from an approved medical assisting training program.
- Medical Assistant Certification
Minimum one year of MA experience; clinic experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Familiarity with health care systems, regulations, policies, and functions. Understanding of documentation standards.
- Knowledge of equipment, supplies, and materials needed for medical treatment. Understanding of basic laboratory procedures including preparation and screening.
- Knowledge of infectious disease management and control and safety standards.
- Skill in reading and following written and oral medical orders.
- Skill in initiating appropriate emergency procedures.
- Skill in handling a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in performing blood draws.
- Ability to use manual dexterity to perform medical treatments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and diverse patient populations.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations for drug dosages.
Medical exam and treatment rooms and medical offices. Environmental setting (lighting, temperature, air quality, and acoustics) controlled.
Occasional exposure to communicable diseases and biohazards. Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending, and maneuvering. May require lifting up to 50 pounds to transfer/turn patient with/without assistive devices. Stress can be triggered by workload and difficult patients.
Equipment Operated: Phone, computer, medical charts, stethoscope, echocardiography (EKG) machine, ear-washing instruments, blood pressure cuff, speculums, and other nursing items. May involve use of walkers, wheelchairs, pulse oximetry, and oxygen tanks.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.